At CJCH we have a commitment to exceed the expectations of every client. To meet this commitment, we need people who share our passion for client service and are committed to continuous improvement.
You could be joining an innovative and successful UK firm based in Wales. Our working environment is friendly and inclusive and there are excellent opportunities for career progression.
Please take note of the fact that CJCH Solicitors is committed to sourcing candidates directly and does not accept any unsolicited agency CV’s or referrals. For full details of our Agency Policy, please click here.
1) Solicitor – Court of Protection
Our firm has an opportunity for a candidate in an interesting role where you will deal with a varied caseload within the Court of Protection filed. You will work closely within the Court of Protection for Welfare team to deal with Deprivation of liberty safeguard cases, Applications concerning the persons welfare, Advising Local Authority and health board practitioners within the filed, working closely with care homes, hospitals, and private placements.
- You should be a court of protection solicitor with a minimum of 3 years PQE. (Applications are encouraged even from those who do not meet this requirement if they have considerable experience within the field)
- have a passion for Court of Protection work for Welfare matters
- Experience of managing or mentoring more junior colleagues is an advantage, but this is not essential
- Received regular instructions from RPR’s, IMCA’s and other authorities
- You should have first-class communication skills
- Advocacy – it would be preferable that you have appeared before district judges in the court of protection however this is not essential
- Salary is competitive and negotiable pending on your PQE and level of experience.
Full-time role, based in our Barry or Cardiff office.
The application process will be open until Friday 29 March 2019, and all applications should be sent with cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Proposed Salary (Negotiable depending on years experience): £35,000 – £38,000
2) Research and Compliance – Software Anti-Piracy
Our firm is currently looking for candidates to fill vacancies in our Anti-Piracy research team. The opportunity includes extensive technical and on-the-job training to be able to perform the tasks in this specialised field. For the research/paralegal role, we will consider individuals without existing experience, but potential candidates must fulfil the following:
– Graduate with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. We will consider graduates from competencies other than law or IT as well.
– Be fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in one or more of the following languages:
(*) indicates languages with an immediate need
– Preferably full-time availability, although candidates who are able to work P
– The role requires computer literacy (MS office suite and various web-based software packages) and online research capability (opensource research, data analysis, report writing).
The role is based in our Cardiff head office, and the remuneration package starts at £18,750.00 /year fulltime.
Interested applicants should apply via email by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 29 March 2019.