Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney & Estate Planning
It is never too early or too late to start thinking about your future and the future of those who will be left behind when you are no longer around. The CJCH Private Client Team specialise in preparing Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and advising on effective Estate planning.
By making a Will, you will be putting your wishes into place, to give you peace of mind that your loved ones will have guidance on what to do when you pass.
With regard to Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs), there are two types:
- Property and financial affairs (allowing an attorney to make decisions about paying bills, dealing with the bank, collecting benefits, selling your house, etc)
- Health and welfare (allowing decisions on treatment, care, medication, where you live, etc)
The benefits of making a Lasting Power of Attorney:
It allows you to plan in advance:
- The decisions you want to be made on your behalf if or when you lose capacity to make them yourself
- The people you want as attorneys to make these decisions
- How you want the attorney to make these decisions
If you have not made an LPA:
- Other people may need to apply to the Court of Protection to make any decision on your behalf
- The Court of Protection route can be a more extensive process but our experienced team can also assist with this if required
We provide services that are tailor-made to your needs and personal circumstances.
When will payments be required?
- An upfront payment on account is required to secure the initial appointment and the amount will be confirmed on initial contact.
- We will require money on account for disbursements, such as the Grant of Probate fee.
- Interim bills will usually be issued at various stages of the process, with the final bill on completion of the administration.
In addition to the services outlined above, CJCH is able to take instruction on contentious probate matters and has extensive experience with providing these services.
Next step? Just get in touch with us via
Private Client Department
Rebecca has been with CJCH since 2013 and has 6 years experience in the fields of residential and commercial conveyancing as well as private clients in matters such as Wills and Probate, Lasting Power of Attorney, Court of Protection applications. Having qualified as a Solicitor in 2016, she advises clients and represents both commercial and individual clients.Get in touch ›
John advises Private Clients in the areas of Wills & Probate, Power of Attorney, Deputyship, and Residential Conveyancing. Although specialising in Private Client services since 2013, he has been with CJCH since 2003, and has been a Qualified Solicitor since 2010.Get in touch ›
Amy joined the firm in 2017 as a researcher in the Anti-Piracy and Licence Compliance team. Amy has since commenced her Training Contract with the Firm, and is aligned to the Residential Conveyancing and Private Client department in our Blackwood office.Get in touch ›