It is never too early or too late to start thinking about your future and the future of those who will be left behind when you are no longer around. The CJCH Wills, Probate and Planning team are specialists in providing services that are tailor-made to your needs and personal circumstances.
With over 35 years’ experience in estate and inheritance tax planning, drafting of wills, lasting power of attorney (LPA’s), trusts and probate administration our team is on hand to advise and ensure that your final wishes are carried out.
Price transparency: At a glance
Practice Area – Probate (Uncontested)
Potential cost associated with a standard matter and overview of the inclusive service
- The base fee for a standard uncontested probate matter is a flat rate of £750.00 (ex VAT) to obtain the grant of probate where there is no duty payable (i.e. no inheritance tax implications) and will all necessary documents readily accessible
- For the administration of an estate (provision of additional services) is billed at an hourly rate of £195.00 (ex VAT), and is based on the complexity of the matter and services required. This will be discussed and agreed in advance before the service commences (based on the elements of the estate requirements, e.g. the sale of investments)
- Oath fees
- Probate fees charged by the court (Current fees until March 2019):
- Estates under £5000.00 pay no fees
- Estates over £5000.00 pay a fee of £155
- These probate fees charged by the court will change in April 2019 to:
- Estates worth less than £50,000 will pay nothing
- Estates worth from £50,000 up to £300,000 will pay £250
- Estates worth from £300,000 up to £500,000 will pay £750
- Estates worth from £500,000 up to £1 million will pay £2,500
- Estates worth from £1 million up to £1.6 million will pay £4,000
- Estates worth from £1.6 million up to £2 million will pay £5,000
- Estates worth more than £2 million will pay £6,000
When will payments be required?
- An upfront payment on account is required for disbursements (such as court fees), and will be confirmed at the start of the engagement
- Fees are paid on issue of grant and completion of administration
In addition to the services outlined above, CJCH is able to take instruction on contentious probate matters and has extensive experience with providing these services.