Wills & Probate; Tax & Estate Planning
It is never too early or too late to start thinking about your future and the future of those who will be left behind when you are no longer around. The CJCH Wills, Probate and Planning team are specialists in providing services that are tailor-made to your needs and personal circumstances.
With over 35 years’ experience in estate and inheritance tax planning, drafting of wills, lasting power of attorney (LPA’s), trusts and probate administration our team is on hand to advise and ensure that your final wishes are carried out.
Price transparency: At a glance
Practice Area – Probate (Uncontested)
The CJCH probate team offer personalised service conducted by qualified professionals. Delivering value to our clients is as much a focus for us as delivering quality work. Your matter will always be handled by accredited solicitors and legal executives.
Potential cost associated with a standard matter and overview of the inclusive service
- The base fee for a standard uncontested probate matter is a flat rate of £750.00 (ex VAT) to obtain the grant of probate where there is no duty payable (i.e. no inheritance tax implications) and will all necessary documents readily accessible
- For the administration of an estate (provision of additional services) is billed at an hourly rate of £195.00 (ex VAT), and is based on the complexity of the matter and services required. This will be discussed and agreed in advance before the service commences (based on the elements of the estate requirements, e.g. the sale of investments)
- These probate fees charged by the court will change in April 2019 to:
- Estates worth less than £50,000 will pay nothing
- Estates worth from £50,000 up to £300,000 will pay £250
- Estates worth from £300,000 up to £500,000 will pay £750
- Estates worth from £500,000 up to £1 million will pay £2,500
- Estates worth from £1 million up to £1.6 million will pay £4,000
- Estates worth from £1.6 million up to £2 million will pay £5,000
- Estates worth more than £2 million will pay £6,000
- Oath fees
- Probate fees charged by the court (Current fees until March 2019):
- Estates under £5000.00 pay no fees
- Estates over £5000.00 pay a fee of £155
When will payments be required?
- An upfront payment on account is required for disbursements (such as court fees), and will be confirmed at the start of the engagement
- Fees are paid on issue of grant and completion of administration
In addition to the services outlined above, CJCH is able to take instruction on contentious probate matters and has extensive experience with providing these services.
Next step? Just get in touch with us via
Private Clients Department
Rebecca has been with CJCH since 2013 and has 6 years experience in the fields of residential and commercial conveyancing as well as private clients in matters such as Wills and Probate, Lasting Power of Attorney, Court of Protection applications. Having qualified as a Solicitor in 2016, she advises clients and represents both commercial and individual clients.Get in touch ›
John advises Private Clients in the areas of Wills & Probate, Power of Attorney, Deputyship, and Residential Conveyancing. Although specialising in Private Client services since 2013, he has been with CJCH since 2003, and has been a Qualified Solicitor since 2010.Get in touch ›
Alexis joined CJCH in 2019 and is Chartered Legal Executive in the Wills & Probate Private Client team. Alexis has experience in drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and advises personal representatives through estate administration.Get in touch ›
Amy joined the firm in 2017 as a researcher in the Anti-Piracy and Licence Compliance team. Amy has since commenced her Training Contract with the Firm, and is aligned to the Residential Conveyancing and Private Client department in our Blackwood office.Get in touch ›
Nick is the firm’s Chief Financial Officer and Head of Mergers and Acquisitions. Before joining CJCH he spent over 20 years in various senior positions within Deloitte and was instrumental in the merger between Colin Jones Solicitors with Clarke and Hartland Solicitors.Get in touch ›